The CBCT (Cone Beam Computer Topography) 3D scanner gives our practice the ability to capture both high quality 2D and 3D digital images, all while limiting dose exposure, which means a safer and quicker dental visit for our patients. Digital images are available for viewing almost immediately and some images can even be captured in as little as seven seconds, using 50 percent less radiation than standard image capture.
The true-to-life, high resolution images that 3D technology provides means that Dr. Baltz and Dr. Rowe have the most accurate view of patients’ anatomy for improved diagnostic, treatment planning and surgical predictability. Additionally, the CBCT 3D scanner provides more services in-office, reducing our need to refer patients to outside imaging centers: That means fewer visits and faster treatment for you.
As patient well-being is always our top concern, the design helps us obtain high-quality images while always taking your comfort into consideration. The design of the makes exams more comfortable and less stressful for patients.
Dr. Baltz and Dr. Rowe use the Carestream CS8100 3D to plan their implant cases, diagnose difficult endodontic problems, and image pathology. Our cone beam machine helps us to identify root fractures, asymptomatic infections, and neoplasms (i.e. cancers) that would otherwise go unnoticed. Furthermore, confidence during implant surgery can be ensured using the cone beam as we are able to see the bone density, avoid vital structures such as nerves, and allow for optimal angulation to ensure the look of your implant appears as a natural tooth. A cone beam is the standard of care when performing implant dentistry, and is becoming the standard of care in the field of endodontics (root canals).
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- Highpoint Dental Care was established in 1984
- We accept the following payment methods: Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Arapahoe County and the surrounding area
- We serve patients from the following cities: Aurora, Parker, & Centennial
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of CBCT 3D Scanner